- 1 Customer Ratings and Zerodha Review
- 1.1 Getting to know the company before Zerodha Review
- 1.2 What are the Current Brokerage Charges and Fees?
- 1.3 Other Charges from Zerodha
- 1.4 Charges levied to Open a Demat Account in Zerodha
- 1.5 Offers from Zerodha
- 1.6 Opening a Demat Account with Zerodha
- 1.7 Zerodha Products and Services
- 1.8 Zerodha Kite – The Online Trading Platform from Zerodha
- 2 Zerodha Kite Mobile Review – The Mobile Trading App from Zerodha
If you are into stock investments, you must have heard about Zerodha and looking for Zerodha review. It is one of the most renowned discounted brokers in India. Registered with SEBI, Zerodha offers low brokerage trading and stock market investments. It was incepted in 2010 and now has the largest active client base. Today, we have devised a comprehensive review of Zerodha and its products, offerings, and services.
Zerodha has its form-collection centres all across India which are just offline centres where people can open their accounts in Zerodha. Moreover, it is a member of National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX), and MCX-SX. here you are going to read honest Zerodha Review and Customer Ratings.
Let’s jump to the Zerodha Review now.
Customer Ratings and Zerodha Review
Getting to know the company before Zerodha Review
Zerodha is a privately owned company headquartered in Bangalore. We recognise Zerodha as the first most prominent discount broker in India. Former stockbroker, Nitin Kamath laid the foundation of the company.
The competitive pricing model is not the only USP Zerodha brought, it is also known as the champion in trading technology in India. Zerodha is a combination of initial Z from Zero and Rodha (Sanskrit word) which means obstacles. Together, it means zero barriers or hassle-free.
Zerodha has always focussed on retail traders and investors. Now, the team never fails to provide more up to date and fresh updates with high-tech tools and platforms at competitive prices. With its novel approach, the company gained sky-high popularity with all the support and Zerodha reviews. The platform is effortlessly easy to use and made in India. The company thrives on its tech and vision.
They contribute to 10% of the total Indian retail trade volume making it the largest. The company has won accolades of being “Retail brokerage of the year 2018” by NSE, “Retail broker of the year 2017” by Outlook Money and “Young Entrepreneur of the year 2017” by Ernst and Young. Its referral program is also a major hit making it even more popular among Indian investors, as a result, there are many Zerodha Customer Ratings.
What are the Current Brokerage Charges and Fees?
Ever since December 2015, Zerodha takes no brokerage charges from Equity Delivery based trades.
However, for equity intraday trades, the rates will be 0.01% to Rs. 20 per trade, whichever is lower. In the case of equity, the rates are the same but the brokerage depends upon the turnover as well.
From further calculations, you will find that the minimum brokerage will be Rs 0.01 and the maximum rate Rs 20 per trade. For the convenience of its users, Zerodha offers a live brokerage calculator that gives the estimation of the brokerage on their investments and transactions.
Other Charges from Zerodha
There are other charges as well and we have tabulated them below. STT is a charge that is levied only for the sell-side in intraday and F&O transactions. For equity traders, it is charged to both sides. A stamp duty charge is also there for all the states of India and is different for every state in which the transaction takes place. Zerodha charges a low transaction fee which ranges from 0.00325% for Deliveries, 0.0021% for Futures, and 0.053% for Options. A standard 14% is charged as service tax for all the transactions. Also, a SEBI charge of Rs 20 is levied for every crore of the transaction.
Zerodha has a “Call and Trade” facility that is charged at the rate of Rs 20 per call. The Instant Payment Getaway is there for more than 21 banks at Rs 9 per transfer that takes place. Deliver based equities selling attract DP charge of Rs 9 per transaction. The charges and expenses of using Zerodha are pretty strict and transparent. Zerodha has a great facility called fee calculator to compute the charges for all trades and transactions.
Charges levied to Open a Demat Account in Zerodha
This is the deal that separated Zerodha from its competition. Zerodha has an open-minded mindset and welcomes everyone with arms wide open to trade under the name of their brokerage house. They show no prejudices and partiality.
Zerodha makes it simple for anyone to become a registered trader by paying just a deposit of Rs 300 through Central Depository Services Limited or CSDL. This is also known as the account opening charges. If a client wants to trade in commodity along with other segments, then Zerodha charges only Rs 200 for the commodity account opening process. An annual maintenance charge is also curbed of Rs 300. This is mandatory for everyone who has an open Demat Account. However, there is no annual maintenance charge for trading accounts. Moreover, you are not supposed to maintain any minimum margin.
Offers from Zerodha
Zerodha does not provide many offers while its quality of service is superb. However, they do have a referral program known as Zerodha partner program. You can earn some percentage of their brokerage revenue if you refer your friends to Zerodha.
Opening a Demat Account with Zerodha
Zerodha has its popularity at peak and chances are you are attracted to it already there are many positive Zerodha review. If you want to join them, here is the process laid out in layman terms.
Follow these steps
- Visit Zerodha’s website and click on the button “Open a Demat Account” and it will pop open a form.
- Fill all the details in this form like Name, City, and Mobile Number.
- Now, a Zerodha representative will call you and share a link with you.
- Upon opening this link, you can proceed further with on-screen instructions.
- The KYC verification process requires an Aadhar Card, PAN Card, and a photograph. It will help verify your age, identity and address.
- After all these steps, a Zerodha representative may call you again to finalize the verification before handing over your account.
- After the final verification is complete, you will be able to operate your Demat or Trading Account in a couple of hours.
That is all, the process is easy and Zerodha is always there to help you through.
Zerodha Products and Services
Zerodha with its technology has developed add-ons, services, and products to help you trade better.
Zerodha Products Review
Looking at the table you might have noticed that Zerodha provides registered retail traders with products related to Futures, Currency, Equity, Options, and Commodities trading. Like any reputed brokerage house, it does not emphasize on products related to Forex, Trading, Insurance, or Generalized Banking.
Zerodha Tools Review
Zerodha has tools for bracket and stop-loss orders. This tool will help you have less loss as the trading stops when your set limit of loss is crossed. The investors can make cover orders to get higher intraday averages. There are a plethora of different calculators for investors. The SPAN calculator is there to evaluate and find out margin requirements for investments.
Brokerage Calculator sensitizes investors with all contact note charges and break-even points. This information helps to plan trades and investments more effectively. The B and S option calculator helps the investors to calculate the fair value of equity options.
Zerodha Services Review
Zerodha offers all sorts of services in regards to Initial Public Offerings, Trading, Intraday as well as Demat. There is a leveraged trading exposure of up to twenty-eight times. It does not offer any services like Portfolio Management Services, 3 in 1 Account or Stock Recommendations to its clients. Zerodha has started many initiatives for its investors like Varsity, the education platform for investors on Indian Capital Markets.
Trading Q&A is another service where people can ask queries related to markets and stock trading which is totally free and accessible for all investors and traders out there. The company also runs a blog “ZConnect” for its investors and runs posts on investments, trading, and news updates on the market.
They also run a challenge in which the investor can earn the brokerage back in 60 days. Moreover, they can share their earnings via a shareable link. Investors can also enjoy products for market intelligence named Pulse. It helps investors stay up to date about the current market trends in business and finance. Trading Holiday Calendar is a comprehensive calendar for all the trading holidays. Although, you may get circulars and newsletters as well.
Research and Advisory
The table has made it clear that Zerodha does not involve itself in any business pertaining to research and advisory. That’s why you won’t find titles like Top picks or Free Stock Tips on its website.
Exposure/ Leverage/ Margin/ Limit
The amount of exposure given by Zerodha is astonishing to its respective registered retail traders.
A whopping extensive exposure of up to 7x on Equity Delivery Trading is one of its kind. 5x on Equity Futures Trading, up to 5x Currency Options Trading and Equity Options Trading respectively. Whopping 14x on Equity Intraday Trading, up to 6x on Commodities Trading, and up to 4x on Currency Futures Trading makes it stand much apart.
To those who are unsure about how to calculate the exact exposure, you will get on a certain trade then head to Zerodha Margin Calculator – a dedicated tool from Zerodha providing you with all sort of relevant information.
Trading Platforms of Zerodha
With an extensive range of platform, Zerodha does not fail to showcase its technical expertise. The variety of platforms make sure that every trader/investor is covered and nobody is left out. Here we go on a detailed description of each of the platform.
Zerodha Kite – The Online Trading Platform from Zerodha
Zerodha has its own browser-based trading platform popularly known as Kite Web.
Based on HTML5, Kite Web enables trading on browsers and makes it part of the overall network of remote trading platforms offered by Zerodha irrespective of the devices.
It is known for these features:
- Multilingual UI: The application is available in 10 different languages excluding English. The rest of the languages are all regional making it a delight for users to interact with. Here are the supported languages: Oriya, Tamil, Punjabi, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, and Gujrati.
- Low internet needed: Even on lightweight browsers and slower connection, Zerodha’s Kite works like a charm. For the record, it requires only 0.5 kbps of bandwidth in order to perform optimally. This is a godsend to those people who cannot access high-speed internet all the time.
- Optimal Search Results: Developers at Zerodha have paid an intense amount of work to make the search results as relevant as they can. The application is effective in providing fast results froom thousands of scrips, contracts, and financial products across the multiple search indices. The in-built “Search” feature covers all of it.
- Live Charts: Zerodha Live Charts make sure that you see the stocks in real-time with minimal delay. The users can access 6 different types of charts like Linebreak, Renko Chart, Range Bars, Helkin-Ashi Charts, Point and figure Charts, and Kagi Charts.
You also get access to 20 different types of drawing tools and more than a hundred distinctive technical indicators.
- User-Friendly Interface: The interface of the application provides clutter-free experience with to the point information. The navigation is effortless, convenient understanding and extreme usability.
You can also set up your own set of shortcut keys to get the best out of the app.
- Push Notification Alerts: If you are the one who does not want to miss on important alerts, this feature is for you. With the web interface, you can allow alerts for important news, updates to your account and notable trends within the market.
- Data for Analysis: You get a variety of data points allowing users to experiment with complex analyses before they put in the money in their trades.
- Multiple Segments: The app allows its users to place distinctive orders by providing many trade products like Margin Intraday Square Off or MIS, Normal F&O, or NRML and Cash n Carry or CNC.
- One-Click Order: You just need to do a single click to place order easily across various order types.
You will love this feature if you are into Intraday Trading, where the profits can turn to losses in seconds.
- Critical Analysis Tools: The integrated tool Quant helps users carry out extensive analyses.
With the help of further tools like Zerodha Smallcase, Zerodha Sentinal and Zerodha Streak, you can further advance the analyses with in-app integration.
- Watchlist: Zerodha Kite Web also has a feature to add up to five different market watch lists and with maximum 40 scrips each.
We know that every other platform offers this feature, but Zerodha just makes it far easier to use it.
- Shortcut Functions: We mentioned above how you can set your own customised shortcuts in Zerodha Kite Web. Well, the platform is already loaded with a tonne of shortcuts to features that are otherwise hard to navigate through. Not only it saves time, but also makes the experience feel effortless.
Zerodha Kite Mobile Review – The Mobile Trading App from Zerodha
Want to rade at the convenience of your smartphone? Zerodha has perfect remote platforms for both Android and iOS devices. Kite Mobile app works pretty similarly to the corresponding Kite Web platform. Together, they provide a seamless experience on Web and Mobile both. Let’s look into some features of Kite Mobile.
- Advanced Search Tool: Kite Mobile App works commendably on both mobile OS. They are designed to provide accurate search results at a much faster pace. You can search through a variety of scrips, contracts, and financial products.
All of this is done with the powerful in-built Search feature. The feature is a must-have for investors before placing any order.
- Charts that Interact: The technology of Zerodha has designed the mobile app’s charts to be viewed in various display options.
First of all, you get a variety of chart types just like Kite Web that are Linebreak, Range Bars, Renko Chart, Point & Figure Charts, Helkin-Ashi Charts, and Kagi Charts.
But charts are not all it has got. There are more than 100 technical indicators to make your charts more meaningful.
- History: Both the mobile apps are designed in a way that they offer free historical chart data for several years. They provide users with a better understanding of the market and help them make informed financial decisions.
- User Experience: The apps are designed in a way so that even a novice can easily understand the navigation. You will enjoy the minimal but classy interface.
- Push Notifications: The apps have push notifications that will help you never miss an update pertaining to your Demat or Trading Account.
You can also set the app to notify you of the slightest changes in the concerned markets.
- Reviews: You can find the apps in Google’s Play Store and Apple App Store as ‘Kite’ by Zerodha. The Android version of the app has been reviewed by 40,715 reviews. The average rating is 3.9 stars out of 5.
The iOS version only has 866 reviews and a 3.1 stars rating.
Other apps like Zerodha Sentinel, Kite Connect, and Direct Mutual Funds have also made their marks.
All these platforms are recommended by enough people and are building a reputation among its users.
Customer Support Review of Zerodha
Zerodha has its physical presence in more than 75+ cities and works flawlessly.
You will get access to complete online support 24×7 via Emails, Website, and Chat. So, you get complete resolution remotely. There is not much we can do offline about it anyway.
Complaints Against Zerodha
Most of the complaints of Zerodha are resolved timely and some of them are still in process. That’s a pretty decent success rate for any brokerage house.
Downside of Zerodha
Zerodha might be faring at the top of the brokerage situation and is definitely one of the most preferred brokers but it is not perfect. Here are a few problems:
- Trading is completely online and only a few things can be done offline. It might sound like a deal-breaker to those who still like to trade the classic way.
- Zerodha does not provide research and advisory. This might not be a big disadvantage but people are interested in Zerodha’s opinion.
Wrapping Up the Zerodha Review
Overall, Zerodha has simplified the trading and investment scenario with its state of the art technology and futuristic vision. Zerodha is definitely the best broker for discounted brokerage. The competitors are still lagging behind Zerodha.