Top 10 Brands Offering Lowest Brokerage Commissions in India
The Indian stock broking industry is amongst the fastest growing sectors in the financial sector. 150+ stock brokers have their presence across the country offering different plans and products. Below is the list of Top 10 brands offering lowest brokerage commissions in India.
There are different parameters as well as metrics which help in stating if the stock broker is efficient enough or not.
– Client base (customer base)
– Trading terminal or trading platform
– Exposure and leverage
– Back office
– Market advisory
– Company creditability
– Customer support
– Products that they offer
– Presence Pan India
1. ICICI Direct
ICICI Direct, the banking equity stock broker that enjoys brand value along with highest account in the equity market. It is a leading name in the chart of UCC activation. High brand value helps it charge a high brokerage. It offers a number of products to the clients including currency, derivatives, equity, insurance, Mutual Funds, loans, Bonds and FD, Elocker, NPS, etc.
2. HDFC Securities
HDFC Securities is the name in our list of Top 10 brands offering lowest brokerage commissions in India. It is a banking stock broker which enjoys banking client’s base and also a high brand value. It has 200+ branches and an active client base of 516546.
o 3 in 1 account
o A wide range of products i.e. MF, EQ, FX, loans and insurance
o 200+ branches across India
o ProTerminal which is an advance trade terminal with an annual charge of Rs. 1999
o Rs.999 account opening fee
o .03%-0.05% brokerage for Intraday
o An in depth research and tools
o Online classroom for share market training
Zerodha is at the top of the list of discount stock brokers with a client base of more than 6 lakh clients. They charge a flat fee of Rs. 20 per executed order. They have their in house broking software Pi and chart based trading.
It is one of the first discount stock brokers of the country. It is a pioneer in discount stock broking concept in the country
It does not charge anything for the equity segment and either 0.01% or Rs. 20(whichever is low)
The next brand in our list of Top 10 brands offering lowest brokerage commissions in India is Sharekhan. This is also a very old equity stock broker of the country. It is a pioneer in internet based online stock broking business in India. It was established in 2000 and has become a member of BSE, NSE, MCX-SX, MCX and NCDEX. It has an active client base of 454167 clients.
· It is a very old stock broker of the country
· Trade Tiger which is one of the top trade terminal and tool in the Indian Stock Market
· 700+ branch offices and partner offices in the country
· One of the best stock brokers for the traders who are just beginning to trade
· They offer an in depth research and relationship manager assistance for beginners
· Regular market inside and advisory in the commodities market
· Account opening fee of Rs. 500 for opening MCX account
5. Axis Securities
Axis Direct is the subsidiary of Axis Securities. It is another banking broker which enjoys a good position in the list of Top 10 stock brokers in the country. All thanks to its banking arm, milking the high-net worth clients and the corporate salary account in broking business.
· 3 in 1 account
· It charges zero brokerage in Intraday
· It offers Axis web trading terminus and swift trader
· It offers 20+financial products to the clients
· Its knowledge series helps the investors in learning and earning
· It has a very strong and vast network of branches
6. Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities is just like any other banking stock broker having an extensive client base. It is a top and oldest stock broker of the country. It offers 3 in 1 Demat account to the investors.
· Competitive brokerage plans as compared to the other banking brokers
· It also has margin funding option available
· It has a branch network of 1200 plus branches
· It has the best research team
7. Angel Broking
This is one of the top traditional stock brokers of the country. It was established in the year 1987. As of today it has an active client base of 3, 06,541 customers.
· Options trading brokerage rates which may vary from Rs. 30 to Rs. 50 per each lot
· Futures Trading Broking fee of 0.01% to 0.05% on the trading volume
· 3 times Intraday exposure in NIFTY Futures and the other active Futures
· It has more than 200 support offices across India
· It has developed ARQ which is an auto recommendation engine for the new investors
· Angel offers web trading, mobile trading, Angel Stock Broking Speed Pro
8. Motilal Oswal
When it comes to traditional brokers, Motilal Oswal is the first name in the list. Because of its research wing and presence Pan India, it has become quite popular. It was established in 1987 and as of 2017 its customer base was 2, 62,000 clients.
· 2000+ active sub brokers network across India
· It has the best in-house research team
· It charges .01% to 0.04% futures trading brokerage fee
· It offers desktop app, web app, mobile app with a smart watch assistance
· Margin Fund facility
9. India Infoline
IIFL is a diversified financial subsidiary which was introduced by Nirmal Jain. It is one of the best 10 share brokers of India 2018 which has been listed on NSE. It has a network of 3500+ stock brokers and presence in 6 countries. It has also launched its discount stock broking wing i.e. 5 Paisa.
· Rs. 555 account opening fee with AMC of Rs. 300
· It offers multiple option in terms of brokerage
· 5paisa school allows the clients to get an in depth knowledge about the stock market
· Its customer service is highly satisfactory
10. Karvy Stock Broker
Karvy established its broking wing in 1985. It has a very strong presence in the South Indian market.
· 10+ financial products
· Flagship research reports as well as advisory reports
· It has 100+ branches as well as partner offices in the country