Best 10 share trading account in India
Before you start investing in the stock market, it is very important that you understand the difference between Demat account and stock trading account. It would help you to know what account you would like to invest into.
1. Trading account
Trading account is used mainly for placing buying or selling orders in stock market. Demat signifies dematerialising the shares in digital format and not on the physical papers.
2. Demat account
Demat account is mainly used as bank where the shares that are purchased are deposited in and also where the shares sold are withdrawn from. You would get one single account for trading and Demat.
How to find lowest brokerage
You should give the highest amount of the initial cheque while opening the Demat account. You may withdraw your money back and deposit it to the savings account once your account is opened.
But you can negotiate for lowest possible brokerage with a good stock broking firm.
Best Demat accounts in India which offer lowest brokerage
1. 5 Paisa Demat account
2. Angel Broking Demat account
3. Tradebulls Demat account
4. Religare Demat account
5. Kotak Securities Demat account
6. Sharekhan Demat and trading account
7. Motilal Oswal Demat account
9. Ventura securities
10. ICICI Direct Demat and trading account
1. 5 Paisa
Unlike the other trading and Demat platforms, this broking firm offers a flat rate of Rs. 10 for trading. You wouldn’t be charged anything on the basis of any percentage.
The other benefits include:
– First 5 trading free of cost with absolutely no DP fee
– First one year annual maintenance fee is nil
– You can invest in mutual funds and buy insurance via same account
– The opening fee is Rs. 650 but you may discuss
– The annual maintenance charges are Rs. 400
2. Angel Broking Demat Account
Angel Broking is a very old stock brokerage company in the country which has established its network branches in more than 900 cities. Currently, it is offering services to 10, 00,000 plus customers. Their customer care centre is absolutely up to the mark.
Other benefits and offers
– Free of cost Demat account for lifetime
– Get 4 or more movie tickets free of cost on BookMyShow
3. Tradebulls Demat Account
The Tradebulls Demat account can said to be the underdog of this list. It offers wonderful offers to the account holders like zero charges for opening an account, lifetime free of cost AMC with just one time fee, competitive brokerage fee and brokerage reversal.
You may pay the annual maintenance just once of Rs. 550 and achieve lifetime free of cost Demat and trading account. When you will compare AMC of this account of other Demat accounts, it’s equal to the annual AMC or maybe less than this.
Their Demat account offers different plans based on the initial margin of the investor. These plans help in deciding the brokerage fee too. Thus, it’s much better to choose high initial margin for paying the lowest brokerage fee.
4. Religare Demat Account
Religare Securities Ltd. is the completely owned subsidiary of Religare Enterprises. RSL is the diversified financial services group which serves 8 lakh plus clients across the online and the offline platforms.
RSL provides stock broking services in currency, equity and commodity along with the DP services.
5. Kotak Securities Demat account
Kotak Securities Demat Account provides one single account for holding certificate of the financial instruments such as bonds, shares, Government securities, exchange traded funds and mutual funds which is considered to be one of the Best 10 share trading Account in India.
It offers one single platform for investment purposes in mutual funds, equities and currency derivatives. It even provides margin against security using the shares in the Demat account. The margin available could be used for one of the 3 segments.
In case you are in search of a stock broker then this one also offers daily alerts, custom research reports and economic reports to the clients
6. Sharekhan Demat & Trading Account
Sharekhan is also one of the top online stock broking firms which offer one of the Best 10 share trading Account in India. It has a customer base of 12 lakh plus customers. Currently it has provided services to 1800 plus offices across multiple cities.
Sharekhan has 2 main types of stock broking accounts
1. Classic account– this account is an online stock trading account which is meant for derivatives and equities and best suitable for the investors. The account has a number of features like real time portfolio tracker, watch list along with pricing alert and integrated banking.
2. Trading Tiger Account– this is the net based executable application for the active traders who frequently trade during the trading sessions of the day.
7. Motilal Oswal Demat Account
Motilal Oswal Financial Services stands at number three in the list of Best 10 share trading Account in India in the country. It offers a wide range of financial services like retail broking, distribution, private wealth- management, asset management, institutional broking, investment broking services, commodity broking, private equity, home finance and principal strategies.
Zerodha is considered to be one of the biggest discount brokers which has more than 1.5 lakh stock trading customers who do average transactions of more than Rs. 10,000 cr.
It is a very good small investor as there are no minimum charges of fees per trade. The brokerage fee is Rs. 20 or 0.01% per executed order (whichever is less). This would lead you to savings on brokerage.
The main business reviews come from derivatives, thus they’ve decided for charging zero brokerage fees on delivery.
9. Ventura Securities
Ventura Securities is the full services stock broking company that offers services to the clients for investing in equity derivatives, equity, mutual funds, commodities, currency futures and fixed income financial products.
10. ICICI Direct Demat and Trading Account
ICICI Direct offers one of the Best 10 share trading Account in India. They have a customer’s base of 20 lakh plus customers. ICICI Direct offers myriad of investment options that includes:
· Investment in equity, derivatives, SIP, mutual funds, NCD and Bonds, currency and ETF
· Wealth products
· Home loans and loans against securities